Thursday, August 25, 2011

This & That

Here's a whole bunch of random things for you.  I started this post last night when I couldn't go to sleep, but I did it on my blog ap, but I didn't post it, so I lost it all.  Thank you for that, iPhone.  You are so awesome sometimes.

Debbie Downer alert!  I found out last night that one of the girls that I graduated with died this past spring.  I didn't really know her, but she seemed nice.  Nothing makes you think of your mortality like hearing about someone your age that died.  She had melanoma, which reminds me that I've had a questionable mole for ever and keep putting off going to have it checked out.  I think it's time to make that appointment now.  On a side note, tanning beds are horrible.  Think of how often high school students go to them.  It's melanoma waiting to happen.  Plus, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but when starting an iv on a high schooler with really tough skin, I ask them if tan a lot because I can tell from how tough their skin is when I try to stick them.

Speaking of high school, I watched part of an episode of My So Called Life the other day.  I used to love that show. I mean, do-multiple-skits-for-speech-and-drama-watch-every-episode-a-million-times-from-my-own-personal-copy-that-I-recorded-off-of-tv loved it.  I watched it when it was ABC and not MTV.  Yes, I was an original lover of the show.  Well, let's say that you know you have grown up a lot, when you watch a show that you absolutely used to love, only to realize it's not that good at all.  It was boring slow, dark, and just kind of depressing.  If it hadn't been for Jared Leto, I might have changed the channel after a few minutes.  He bought my watching the show about 15 more minutes.  Who doesn't love a little Jordan Catalano eye candy?  For those who want their fix, it's on the Sundance channel on Comcast.  That's for you, B whoever wants to watch it.

I now have to work every other weekend again.  I'm so bummed about it.  I guess you can't ask to have two days a week off because your husband is in school without having some consequence.  I love my job, but the thought of every other weekend and 10a-10p shifts makes me sick.  I'm sending some positive energy out to have a fix for this situation. Time will tell if it happens or not.

Yesterday morning, my ipod player started playing on it's own in Nola's room.  Talk about being freaked out.  Luckily, Aaron was still here, so he walked around the house with a baseball bat looking for an intruder.  It was probably pretty funny from the outside, not from the inside. 

Every time something out of the ordinary happens, I think maybe my dad is behind it.  If you knew him, he was a major prankster.  I find myself saying in my head, "Very funny, dad."  Aaron has even said, "That's enough, Billy," before on an occasion where weird things happened all day.

Speaking of ghosts, they say kids can see them.  Well, I kind of believe that they see something because Nola will be looking up at nothing at all and start smiling and kicking her legs like something is there.  It kind of freaks me out.  Very funny, dad.

We're leaving for Florida next week.  I still need to call customer service to find out about baby things, like strollers, bringing her car seat, etc.  I am clueless.  I know we have to take tons of stuff for such a little person. I've made a list and it's hella long.  What a little diva! 

Also, we're boarding the dogs.  It's going to be like $300.  Anyone want two dogs?  One is playful and disobedient marches to the beat of her own drummer.  The other one is old and crotchety wise and full of personality.  I'll be honest on Molly.  She's the weirdest and most frustrating dog that I have ever owned and I had many a dog growing up.  Going once, going twice....

That's it and that's all for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment