Saturday, February 13, 2010

All you need is love

I LOVE love. It's good for you. It makes your soul happy. Whether it ends badly or ends well, somewhere along the way, it made you happy. If it didn't, then honey child we need to talk.

I actually like Valentine's Day. I know people babble about it being made by Hallmark and other card companies, but what's wrong with a day filled with telling the ones you love that life is better because they are around and that you love them dearly.

Now, don't get me wrong, I distinctly remember working at Dillard's when I was 21 and listening to hour after hour of romantic songs around Valentine's Day. I, being single, was a little jaded. In fact, my friend/co-worker, Lori and I made up new lyrics to the love songs that played and it was not pretty. We called our group Jaded and said we were going on a world tour against love. We loved until we cried (joyous tears) that night.

What I think of first, every time I think of that Valentine's Day, isn't that I was single, but instead how much fun we had that night. We still to this day joke about having a reunion tour. Moral of this story, Valentine's Day is what you make it.

So, this year, and pretty much every year since, I'm going to honor the ones that I love on the day that's devoted to doing just that. So, if you're reading this, my life is better because your in it and you make me happy and I am grateful.

Now go out and tell the ones that you love that you love them or go out with a single friend and change of the words of love songs into not so love songs. Whatever you do, do something that fills you with happiness and makes the best of the day.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that night at Dillards and other nights laughing about our Jaded tour. We had fresh love wounds in need of great healing. With time (isn't that always the way?) we were able to heal and move past jadedness and give love a chance again. I agree that Valentines Day is what you make it. For me, it is a reminder to celebrate all the love in my life, not just today, but everyday. And to remember one of the most precious kinds of love..friendship.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, my friend! I guess our Jaded tour is on hold, probably indefinitely. :)

    ReplyDelete