Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't call me Grace

So today, as I gingerly strolled down to the mailbox to check the mail, I fell and it wasn't pretty. I could chalk it up to the rain, the steepness of my driveway, which is pretty dang steep, but I live in a place with hills in the name, so what do you expect, or I could I blame my super cute Cole Haan loafers. The true is this isn't the first time I've fallen on my driveway. No, it's not the second or even the third. I can count at least five. I guess, since living here six years, I'm ahead!

The worst part for me, besides the scabbed knee and ankle (oh yes, another scar), is that I put a hole and a run in my favorite brown tights. Hey, a good pair of tights is hard to find! Now, most people may have felt that the worst part may have been that a car happened to be going by at the same time and saw the whole thing. They even slowed, I'm pretty sure, to check on me, but it may have been to laugh. I avoided eye contact and acted as if nothing had happened, though my knee was there, throbbing, reminding me that it had just had a brief relationship with the aggregate of my driveway.

You see, grace isn't something I really have. I have been clumsy my whole life. Mr. O says that I stomp through the house, but, actually, I'm just walking. I admire how graceful dancers are when they dance. How they float and you don't hear them land when they jump. It's awe-inspiring.

So, don't mistake me for Grace, which is a running joke in my house, it seems I'm not the only one that is blessed with this feature, we are all lacking that beautiful name. So remember, Grace will be the one floating lightly by and I'll be the one stomping and possibly tumbling down. Hopefully, my crown stays intact.

Other interesting things, you should know about today:
  • My tights were part of a super cute outfit. Picture it, chocolate brown tights, brownish-red loafers, a mustard, tan, orange, and blue plaid button up, gray cardigan, and my blue-jean shorts, which I've rekindled my relationship as the weather hints of spring. I read a lot of fashion blogs and think it wouldn't be a bad idea to photograph some of my outfits, mainly to remember some of the things that I throw together, but I'm sure it wouldn't be interesting to most of my readers. Well, on second thought, maybe one. Plus, it looks like a lot of work and I don't have a camera remote or a tripod and would feel pretty foolish posing for someone.
  • I planned out my March menu plan. It only took about an hour and a half. Yes, I'm getting faster! It helped that I had already pulled some recipes that I wanted to make this time around last month. On the menu this week, bean burritos & mexican rice (we had this tonight), spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread, white chicken chili, roasted eggplant ratatouille, veggie pizza (remember this post?), and buchons au thon, salad and green beans. If I hadn't just devoured some leftover Valentine's fruit snacks, I might actually have had a watering mouth over typing that. Instead, I'm nursing a gummy belly. What can I say, I'm a kid at heart. Check out the skinned knee, if you don't believe me.
  • I cried while watching Oprah (an episode from last week), Hoarders, and Intervention. People's stories get me. I'm surprised my eyes aren't swollen. Hey, maybe that's why I fell?!
  • I discovered this morning that I've lost 3.5 pounds. Maybe it could be that I've been eating better. I really have and I feel better too, besides the whole sleep thing, but one day it'll be back to normal. Yes, it could be that, or it could be that I work 12 hours straight, don't sit down besides my 30 minute lunch break, so that I no longer snack, burn tons of calories and my meals consist of things that can be eaten quickly, either 15 minutes before I leave, on the drive to or from Dickson, or in said 30 minute lunch break. Plus, on most of my off days, I sleep in, not this week, and miss at least one meal. Oh yeah, no sodas still. I'm proud of myself on that one. In fact, most sugary things taste too sweet now. Um, that could explain the gummy belly. Sugar may no longer be my friend...and we were so close.
  • Every time I walked by the collage of pictures and things that Mr. O hung over the weekend, I smiled. I've been collecting things for a while and am happy to finally see them displayed. I may post a pic, even though it's incomplete.
  • Finally, the most disheartening news today, I will not live in Wonder Valley, after all. I tried looking up the house today and it must have sold because it is no longer listed. I hope the person that bought it, lets it live up to it's incredible potential. It would be an injustice to do otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment