Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grammar and things to come

My wonderful husband (and grammar Nazi) informed me that one of my last entries had a couple of grammatical errors. I decided that I should let me readers know that I type this exactly as it comes into my mind and as if I were talking to you one on one, and sometimes I type it quickly and late at night, so errors will occur. In fact, I catch myself adding too many commas (I love commas!), typing has as as or won as one (um, yes I know the difference!) and using prepositions at the end of the a sentence (Shut yo' mouth!), but I don't really care. I know the rules, but I'm not bound by them. In fact, here in this space, it's my rules and only my rules, so advert your eyes and put away your red pens, my dear readers. In the words of a famous cartoon, "I do what I want."

In other news, March is looming on the horizon. It's already filling up with fun things. Here's what I have to look forward to, so far:

. a friend's band playing .
. Ani Difranco concert, if you don't know who she is, look her up, I heart her .
. eight straight days off from work, if I don't get called in .
. date night this weekend .
. Alice in Wonderland. I heart Johnny Depp .
. another girl's night out .
. a gynecologist appointment. Yes, I'm joking about this one .
. lunch with several lady friends .
. a flea market trip .

Can I get a woot! I'm starting to get really sleepy, so that's all that I can think of without going to get my planner. I love forcing myself to stay up, due to my work schedule, which is 3:oopm-3:00am tomorrow. Why does my bed call to me so loudly on nights I need to stay up as late as I can?

2 comments:

  1. You, do, use, too, many, commas! It's alright though, mine is full of typos where I can't seem to type as fast as the shit that flies through my head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I, just, love, them, so, very, much. :) I'm the same with the typos. Sometimes I proofread what I wrote and sometimes I just let it go without looking it over. It's not a big deal to me though. I know you are a grammar person too!

    ReplyDelete