Sunday, February 14, 2010

Negative Nancy

I have had a day today. Let's just say when you wake up to dog pee you can expect that your day is down the drain. So, I woke up to the dog pee, the coffee maker timer had ended, so the coffee was cold, I put a cup into the microwave and it boiled over making me have to clean out the microwave and did I mention the headache I woke up with? So we have the headache, the pee, the boiled over coffee, can you say cranky? I know, I'm forgetting something, but you get the gist of it.

Today got increasingly worse as the day went on. I let it take over and take hold of me. I was angry by about 3:00. I mean, really angry. I was scowling while driving, yelling like a sailor at other cars, and had said some not so nice things to say to my husband. Did I mention, I hadn't eaten anything all day?

Most of you know me as a happy-go-lucky kind of a person, which I really am. I am the person telling you to be positive, even in the worst of situations. I really do feel that the energy you put out, is the energy you are going to receive back. Um, do I even need to point out, that today proved that point?

All I know is that as the day got later and later I really saw how ridiculous I was being. So what, I had to clean up dog pee and clean the microwave, which needed it. Get over yourself. Really.

I think the juggling of my schedule and just getting used to working 12 hour shifts and odd hours in the day, has finally started to wear on me. I am so tired. I mean, insanely tired to where I'm taking naps and falling asleep if I lie still, which is so not like me. Maybe it's winter blahs and I'm ready for some sunshine? Maybe I need more vitamins? What I do know is tomorrow is another day and choose to face it with optimism because I know it will be a much better day.

1 comment:

  1. Um, this actually was today (as in the Tuesday's post). I don't know how it ended up saying it was Valetine's Day. That was a good day!

    ReplyDelete