Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random Tuesdays

Let the randomness ensue!
  • Today I've made some head way on my long, long To-Do List. Finally.
  • Being on the computer really zaps time. I some how spent three hours basically emailing, talking to friends, and checking Google Reader. Wow.
  • This is what I had for lunch. All organic, besides the salad dressing, and delicious!


  • Speaking of food, I cannot stand when people are eating and I'm not. I can't stand the sound of chewing and don't even get my started about chewing with your mouth open. It really makes me sick. I've been this way as long as I remember. Lucky me, I usually finish dinner way before Mr. O and get to hear him chew for 30 minutes after I'm done. I make an exception to him though, but you may find me humming in head or turning up the TV to hide the noise.
  • Ah, Giada has a new line of cookware at Target. I love it, but I don't love her, which makes me hesitant on buying it. I hate that. Arrogance and rudeness are two more pet-peeves of mine. I saw her on Oprah and on a cooking contest show and she was so rude. She even gave a snide comment to Oprah on HER show! That kind of thing really turns me off to a person. That's why I don't watch, unless Aaron really wants too, films with Hillary Swank or Tom Cruise. We may be different from each other, but that doesn't mean you are better than other people.
  • Check out Blood, Sweat, and T-shirts, if you have the Green Channel, which I can't seem to remember the channel number. It really makes you think and appreciate what you have. We watched Blood, Sweat, and Take-aways also. That one focused on food and where it comes from. This series focuses on clothes, how they are made and the poor workers. It makes me grateful that I live in the USA and makes me ashamed for how much we take for granted. Oh my goodness, one of my Target shirts was on the first episode. The shirt I bought was made by people making $2.00 a day. How sad is that?
  • I'm glad the snow is almost gone. It was fun and all, but I'm glad the roads are clearing.
  • I'm on a mission this week to do a little thrifting for some new every day dishes. My plan is to get a bunch of different ones. I think it'll make a fun table setup when we have guests over. Plus, my target every day dishes are starting to crack, chip, etc, not bad for having them eight years. I think we're down to five or six plates out of 12.
  • I met up with my friend, Christy, for dinner last night. It was so fun! I miss seeing all my friends. It's much harder when jobs, responsibilities, and children come into play as you get older.
  • I washed my great-grandmother's quilt today. She made it just for me. It brings so many memories back, like building things with empty spools of thread in front of the warm stove/furnace, helping her cook, while sitting on a red, metal 1950's stool, the smell of the bathroom soap, which smelled very grandmotherly, and watching the Christmas parade because we usually went on Christmas Eve every year. I wish I could use the quilt because it's very pretty, but I'm terrified to mess it up, especially considering that I was the last one to get one made for them before she died.
  • I got called into work tomorrow. Boo, hiss, boo. It's good for our bank account though. I'm grateful that I have a job too, so no more complaining.
  • I better head to bed because I have to get up at 4:20 to eat and leave in time to make it to work by 7:00. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment