Monday, August 23, 2010

And then there were two

For the past almost two and half years, we have had a house guest.  First, my beautiful, smart, and funny nephew moved in with us.  It was a learning experience, but so much fun.  We were very sad when he left our house.

Before he moved out, my sister-in-law and her daughter moved in with us, last April.  They have been here ever since then.  Well, Audra has decided to move in with my other sister-in-law, Amara.  Essentally, it will help Amara out, since she is going through a divorce and they do not plan on selling their house.  Now, I'll leave my personal opinion out of this. 

I'm happy for Audra and hope that this move will be a good one for her and Ava.  I know, both Audra and Amara need someone right now, so I think it's good for their well-being to be together.  I'm sure Aaron and I will be sad again when they move out, which is this week and next, if it takes that long to do a little at a time.

All I know is that after all this time, I am thrilled at the idea of having our house back.  We'll get back to hanging out and cuddling, taking care of home improvement projects that we have put off, going for afternoon walks, playing more games, having sex whenever we want to, and having a clutter free home.  It feels amazing!  I am so excited.

I'm not sure if you guys realize, but we haven't been "normal" since August 07 when I started nursing school.  We haven't been just Aaron and I and me without a book under my nose (or the above mentioned house guests) for that long.  Can you understand the excitement?

I really wanted to get pregnant and spend the last nine months together just us and it is happening!  I feel grateful for everything I have received in my life.  I think this is one of those things.  It is yet another thing that has fallen into my lap without effort. 

I am so ready to begin this next chapter in our life.  Bring on the honeymoon phase...again!

4 comments:

  1. I take it I can't move in? Dammit! :)

    After you get done cuddling and having sex all over the house, I'd like for you to have a dinner party. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a dinner party. It's been fo' eva. I love a good end of summer dinner too. I'll take a look at my schedule in September and see what I can make happen. The upstairs is free for a renter...well, not unless you really needed it, but if you did, you know we would let you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh...it's been a long time. so happy for you guys! we need to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we do! Maybe lunch next week?

    ReplyDelete