Friday, August 13, 2010

It has a face and sweetness inside

I have another universe story for you.  I forgot to tell you, but before we went on vacation, I went to Kroger to do some grocery shopping.  I went with my sister-in-law and niece.  It's always a different experience when you go with someone to the grocery than when you go by yourself.  I feel less focused and it never fails that I forgot something.  Of course, I like going with someone better than going by myself, at least most of the time. 

When we were almost finished about to head to the checkout, I realized that I had forgotten honey, which was at the beginning of the store.  With a cart full of food and having been there for an hour already, I debated about walking across the entire store for honey or just letting it go.  I bet I stood there a few minutes going back and forth about going to get it or not going to get it.  In fact, I was heading there when I changed my mind and got into line instead.

Well, my friends, guess who was sitting at the end of the conveyor belt smiling at me?  A honey bear.  I just smiled and shook my head and said a silent thank you and tossed him with my other groceries.  Little things like that make my day. 

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, i do this a lot actually. I'll forget something and not want to walk back..even though i'm already there! lucky you having your bear right there to greet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really did make my day. He was sitting looking directly at me with that smile.

    ReplyDelete