Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's a coming...

Does it not feel awesome outside in the mornings now?  I have no excuse not to start walking/running again.  I'm actually pretty excited about it.  I have hated the heat this summer.  I was just getting good at running and the heat took it away.  Kudos to those of you that still ran.  Yes, I'm talking to you, Ashley, Esther, and Beaz.  I just couldn't do it.

I've been planning my Mom's 50th birthday celebration, which is going to be on Saturday.  Does my mom not look fabulous for 50? Seriously!  I should have posted a picture of her in her bikini from vacation.  She look good.  We have around 22 people coming over on Saturday.  We're having a Fiesta Fifty!  I still have to pick up a pinata, drinks, straws, and misc. items.  Oh yeah, and the rest of her gift.  Guess I'll be busy tomorrow!  I wish I didn't have to work today.  I'm trying not to get stressed out.  I made this party a little easier on myself.  I'm having it catered by El Chico's and I ordered a cake from Misty's wonderful cake lady, Olivia, at Dream Cakes Etc.  Having a party is so much easier when you're not cooking 80 things, like I did for a Christmas party a few years ago.

I'm completely excited about the concept of the party.  I bought fake mustaches and have a sombrero for some funny picture opportunities.  How awesome will it be to see adults trying to break a pinata?!  I don't have time to post the pictures and ideas that I have on here today, but I'll post some of the pictures of the party on here.  If it comes together, it should be pretty great!

Guess, I better get ready to shower and head to work.  Yesterday, was a mix of not busy, slammed, and then not busy.  I hope we stay lightly steady, but not slammed or full of really sick people.  We had another code yesterday.  I swear, they happen like every day now.  People need to stop having heart attacks or respiratory arrests!  I will say the adrenaline brought me out of the Benadryl haze I was in.

I'll leave you with more reasons that I'm looking forward to fall:  hot chocolate, sweaters, leaves changing colors, nights on the back deck, running in the mornings (hmm, can I run if I do get pregnant?  I'm guessing that it's probably frowned upon because I know your heart rate shouldn't go up that high. Guess it's time to invest in a watch with a heart rate monitor on it), farmer's market, Halloween, scary movie watching, Thanksgiving, pies (dang the whole sugar restriction thing!), going to the flea market and not pouring sweat, pumpkin spice anything, breaking out pajama pants and house shoes, no more suffocating heat, boots, scarves, the return of a couple of my favorite tv shows, and so much more.  I love Fall!

My mom would kill me, if she knew I posted these pictures, but check out the ones below!  This is how to look good at 50!  Do you see where my genes come from, as far as, looking younger?



No comments:

Post a Comment