Sunday, August 15, 2010

Do you feel the crispness

Every once in a while, when I've gone from the bonus room down to our kitchen, I get hit with cooler air and the smell of my nutmeg wall flower and it instantly takes me Fall.  I get all of these thoughts all at once.  It's like nostalgia smacks me in the face.  I cannot wait for Fall.

Last summer I was sad that summer was leaving, but this year, not so much.  I'm ready for the cool breeze, falling leaves, pumpkin spice coffee, boots, my multitude of plaid shirts, and just the crispness that Fall has that Summer, well, lacks.  Most importantly, I'm ready for this freakin' heat to end. 

With all of the above being said, I got my Fall issue of Lucky in the mail last week.  Fall issues of fashion magazines are my favorite.  This Lucky issue did not disappoint.  Below are the things that I am coveting from it. 









Three of the things that are my favorites, I can't find online. Grrr.  I'm too lazy to go get my camera and download pictures of the pages, but these things are so good that I'm really tempted.  I definitely will another day.  Those shoes above are named "Kiss at Midnight."  Swoon.  Oh yeah, that outfit above is from K-Mart.  I'm serious, I wouldn't lie to you!

Things I'm loving this fall are military looks, ribbed socks with heels, wrap sweater vests, capes, the color camel, hunting inspired things, menswear flats, tights (of course.), and boots in all styles.  I'm falling in love with fashion again.  Get it.  I know, dork. 

Oh, I did find two fabulous coats at Burlington Coat Factory last week.  One is pictured below.  I got it in navy.  I love it so much.  Bring on the cold weather!

2 comments:

  1. I do too! I haven't been excited about a coat in a long time. Well, actually, I did pick up a vintage pea coat at Goodwill in early spring. I love it so much too. It was only $9.99 too. Plus, I think I may have gotten it half off, if I remember correctly. That's pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete