Monday, September 20, 2010

The dead zone

I'm at work right now.  Lucky for me, it's slow and I'm in triage.  I haven't checked in a patient in one hour and 30 minutes.  Seriously.   I'm not complaining though.  I hope tomorrow is like this too.  The only downfall is that I'm getting sleepy out here by myself.  Great, I see a car pulling in.  I think I just jinxed myself.

Anyway, until they come in, I've had some random things pop into my head lately that I've wanted to write, but haven't gotten a chance to do. 

Okay, back from checking them in.

First off, I was in the shower yesterday and I started hearing this buzzing noise.  I swear, the first thing that popped into my head was Supernatural and how spirits make tvs turn to static.  Geez, I need to pick up a hobby or something or stop watching Supernatural.  It turns out it was our hand held Yahtzee game.  It started buzzing like someone was "rolling".  It was like the key was hung and then I turned it off and beeped again a little bit later.  Maybe there was a spirit.  It's just like something my dad would do, only I was in the shower, with a clear shower curtain and that just makes the situation even weirder and gross.

Great.  Now someone is in the lobby telling someone on the phone that there is no one here.  Bring all your friends to the ER at 12:51.  You know, it's funny because people actually come to the ER together.  I mean, friends will ride together and come up here and check in together.  Seriously.  Next time I hang out with one of you let's just jump in the car and head to the nearest ER.  It'll be loads of fun.  We'll pee in cups, be stuck by needles, and hopefully, get a little radiation from X-rays.  Sounds like oodles of fun, right?  All I have to say is people are strange, man.

Moving on, I saw the cutest thing on one of the blogs I follow about bringing a book instead of a card to a baby shower.  Now, that is an awesome idea.  I mean, you throw cards away, but books will last fo' evs.  Plus, I'm nuts about books. 

Okay, so I didn't get to finish this last night.  I'm finishing it now at 2:12 AM.  Today work was a nightmare.  Yesterday may have been the dead zone, but today was a pay back for it.  I didn't get to eat..again.  I managed to eat a banana, some grapes and granola bar around 11:00 PM.  All I had before that was some scrambled eggs and two pieces of toasts.  Funny though, I didn't really notice any hunger because we were so slammed.  I just started feeling weird and disoriented, probably a dip in blood sugar, around 10:00 PM.  I'm good now.  Exhausted, but good.

Other things I was going to write last night was that I had one of the best compliments I think I could get from one of my patients this week.  She asked me how long I had been a nurse and I told her 10 months (actually, I think I may have said a year. I usually round up because it sounds better).  She said something along the lines, "Oh really, you don't seem intimidated by it all.  I would have never have guessed that.  I would think you had been doing it longer because you do it with such ease."  Wow.  That is awesome!

I have been craving a cheeseburger for days now.  Every time I drive by McDonald's, which is twice on my way from work, I think, "I could just stop and get one."  I have to remind myself that McDonald's=the devil.  I don't know why I like their sorry little hamburger so much.  I think a Five Guys burger would fix this craving for a while.

I had a patient take off her coat (she was a tiny little thing) and her mother, who shops on the plus side of the clothing store, said, "My gosh, you're so tiny."  The funny thing was is that it didn't sound like just a comment or a compliment.  It sounded straight up like jealousy and was in a snarky tone.  I was like, "Whaaaa..?"  Being a nurse is kind of like people watching only you get to interact.   I'll say it again, people are strange, man.

I find it very ironic that I have more confidence now more than ever.  My face looks straight up like I'm a fifteen year old.  I have never in my life broken out this badly.  I'm even starting to be persuaded by all the celebrities that "use" Proactive.  Okay, is it me, or are their before/after pictures ridiculous.  Wow, you have some tiny little bumps by your chin that were magnetized, so that we can actually see them.   Poor you, Jessica Simpson.  It must be so hard to be them.  Don't call me crater face next time you see me or I'll be forced to buy some.

I'm sure there was more, but I'm literally swaying because I'm so tired.  Time to rest my weary head.  I'm off for the next two days.  Woot!  Maybe you'll get a more exciting post than this and one that makes a little more sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment