Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fiesta Fifty!

Okay, so I have yet to write about how my mom's birthday party went.  It was great!  My mom said it was the best birthday that she has ever had in her entire life.  I say that is about the best compliment you can get on a party you throw.  Of course, she also had some other things that happened that day.  I'll have to dedicate another post on those things.

We ended up having around 22 people.  I did everything outside.  We had it catered from El Chico.  It was only $94, which I say is a heck of a lot cheaper than cooking for all those people.  The year I had the Christmas party we spent about $400, not all of it was food, but a good chunk of that was. I bought most of the decorations that year at the Dollar Store and Deals, so I know it wasn't the decor!

For the Fiesta, I got a few good ideas online and decorated everything myself.  I was so proud of the paper flowers I made.  I still have a bouquet on my kitchen table and my mom took one of them home too.  I totally should have made those at the showers I've hosted.  I never knew how, but now I do, so expect that if I ever throw another shower (hint:  B, have a baby!). 


I wish I had gotten better pictures of the decor, but the picture above and below are about the best I got.  Next time, I'll take pictures before the party gets going.


The food spread.



I made that cake plate for the Moms.  Isn't it lovely?  I'm thinking about making more of them, possibly even asking a friend to put them in her boutique.  They are so easy to make.  The hardest part is scouring to find pretty plates and candle holders.


The cake, that I ordered.  The cake came just plain white, which is what I asked for.  Each layer on the inside is a different color.  I decorated it with the flowers and the candles.  The cake actually had a crack in it, so I had to cover it up.  I was planning on doing that anyway though.  It was delicious!


The pinata time was hilarious.  My brother also bought the things to fill it.  Yes, there was candy, but he also put denture cream, enemas, and icy hot in it. 


My sister-in-law is so pretty.  Look past the moustache, but she doesn't wear any makeup.  She doesn't need it.  My brother looks so cute and mischievous too. 


Group stache pic.  We had a good time with those staches.

No comments:

Post a Comment