Thursday, September 2, 2010

Never call a French lady German

Yesterday, we had a patient with a heavy accent.  One of my co-workers said that she could be related to some of another co-worker's (German) ancestors.  You should have seen the look of horror on her face.  She promptly said, "I am not German.  I am French.  This is a French accent."  It was quite amusing.  I loved her accent.  I think I must have been French in a former life.  I am drawn to it.  I will get to Paris in this lifetime.

Speaking of French, yesterday before work, I was listening to Carla Bruni.  I will add her music to a special baby play list for baby O.  I love her voice.  It's mesmerizing.  Maybe with a few French lessons, Baby O will speak french fluently and talk back to us in French and I can say, "Hey, I know you said, "no" and "stupid" in that sentence!" I only pick up a few words out of sentences usually.  Thanks three years of French for nothing!

I need to watch Amelie for the millionth time.  I love that movie.  Also, if you're into foreign films, check out "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not".  It is also a great French movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment