Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy weekend

This weekend has been positively lovely.  We had a double date with Aaron's sister and her new boyfriend on Friday night.  We went to dinner and went bowling.  It was a lot of fun.  He seems like a really good guy. 

The rest of the time has been spent with just Mr. O and me.  It has been fantastic.  We barely left the house.  Isn't that how the weekends are supposed to be spent?  We did a lot of lounging, played Scrabble four times, watched Date Night and Resident Evil 3D, ate ice cream, cuddled, went on a late evening walk, and just enjoyed each other's company.

We have to savor all this time together.  I don't think I've mentioned, but Mr. O is heading to electrical school next week, so that he can have the certificate to back his knowledge.  It will be weird having him gone two nights a week, but I usually work at least one of those days and may plan to make those two days the days I work during the week.  We'll see how it goes.

The roles will be reversed.  Now I'll be the one begging for him to put the books away and come hang out with me.  We're in it for the long haul too.  He'll be in school for four years.  We're hoping that he can go in the summers too to speed it up, but we will see. 

With a baby and Mr. O's school on the horizon, I'll savor every weekend like this weekend. I wish every one could be like this.  I'd be a very happy girl.    

2 comments:

  1. ughhh..you forgot to say you saw me!! I was one of the major highlights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the funny thing is after publishing this, I was like, "Crap, I didn't mention Esther." I knew you would say something! :) Don't worry, you were definitely a highlight of my weekend too. Can't wait to go to the Flea Market with you!!

    ReplyDelete