Friday, September 3, 2010

It delivers again

I failed to mention that on Wednesday I prayed hard that I would get off at 11:30 or earlier.  I pictured myself telling the charge nurse thank you for letting me go home early. 

We started getting busy during the day and around the early evening hours.  I kept saying that I would get off at 11:30 in my head.  Well, around 10:30ish things started to die down, which is a rarity, we are usually busy until around 12:30.  You know, 30 minutes before I leave for the day.  Well, at 11:05, Tammy, my charge nurse, said, "Renee, how about we play it by ear, but right now, plan on you leaving at 11:30?"  I said, "That would be fantastic!" 

Yet another thing that is delivered to me.  I ended up leaving around 11:50 because I stayed and discharged my last patient.  I wish I could tell you all about my patients.  I meet some of the nicest, most interesting people and hear the best stories.  Dang you, HIPPA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment