Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 goals revisited

Goal #1: Run at least one 5K with my husband. I almost completely failed this one, but I did start running.  I actually was running/jogging better than I ever have.  By the end, I could almost run the entire two mile loop in my neighborhood without having to stop for a minute and walk.  My neighborhood has major hills, so I was very proud of that.  I quit running in July because of the heat.  The last time I went was at 7:30pm and I came home absolutely drenched in sweat and feeling as if I was going to throw up or pass out.  I decided to wait until it started cooling down some and low and behold, I got pregnant in September.  My doctor did say it was fine if I was jogging before I could do it now.  Over the last month or two, I've finally gotten my energy back.  I know, I've got to start doing something soon.  More on that goal, later.

Goal #2: Read at least 25 books this year. Failed.  I think I read 5 or 6 books.  How sad is that?  I seriously, have a hard time reading after nursing school. Thanks a lot for that, TSU!  I'm going to lower this goal a bit for the new year.

Goal #3: Be a more healthy me. Check!  This one came easily.  I gave up sodas for a long time.  I just recently started drinking them again.  I didn't have my first one for around 6 months.  That's pretty good.  We eat tons of organic things now.  In fact, with the switches I made last January, I lost 5 pounds, like instantly.  That was craziness.  I feel really good too.

Goal #4: Expand our recycling. Yep, check!  We did it.  We've now have been recycling everything for most of 2010.  It's easy.  In fact, we just recently cancelled our trash pickup because they were only having to get it once a month because our trash can was never full.  You know, you're making a difference when you see how much of what use can be recycled.  Everyone should have this goal.  It would have such a huge impact on the world.

Goal #5: Keep up with blogging or writing.  I definitely did this, even though some months were less than other months, especially when I was exhausted at the beginning of the pregnancy.

Goal #6: Take a vacation more than once. Word!  We did it.  We went to Gatlinburg with B & D over Halloween weekend and spent five days in Tybee Island, GA with my family.  They both were fantastic trips! 

Goal #7: See my family more. Yep, we did see them more.  Of course, over the holiday time we didn't see them as much, but everyone was so busy.  Throughout the year, we saw them plenty.

Goal #8: To not be so hard on myself. I'd like to pat myself on the back for this one.  Just about every time that the negative voice would creep into my head, I'd say, "Shut up!"  I'd also throw in a few expletives, but I'll spare y'all from that.

Goal #9: To give more to others. I wasn't too sure how to accomplish this one.  I mean, I think I give to others, especially with my job.  I'll have to come up with a clear cut plan to really feel like I've accomplished this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment