Sunday, January 30, 2011

You know you're getting old when...

You're home from a concert at 11:20, your legs hurt from standing the whole time, your ears are ringing and your stone-cold sober (of course, pregnancy had a lot to do with this one).  B and I went and saw Liz Phair, who looks exactly the same as when we were in high school and puts on one good show.

There were several surprising things from the night.  One being the number of guys, who were not only there, but who knew more lyrics than I did.  It was bizarre. Of course, when a female sings a lot about sex, then I guess I can see the attraction to attend a show.  You just don't walk into a predominantly female oriented music show expecting to see guys without girlfriends who drug them there or who aren't there looking to pick up girls.  These guys were just mesmerized by Liz, other girls didn't even seem to exist to them.  The second surprising thing was how fun people watching is, especially the drunk people, when you haven't had a drop of alcohol.  I mean, I don't get falling down drunk when I go out, but a couple of beers and I'm usually feeling pretty good.  It was a lot of fun just watching everyone else tonight.  People are quite entertaining.

Tomorrow is my first 10a-10p.  I'm sure I'll be tired, but I hope I get used to it quickly.  You may not hear from me for a the next few days.  I work the next three in a row.  Let's just say that I'm really looking forward to Thursday.

Oh yeah, we went all the way to Cookeville to look at a chair we saw on Craigslist and we got it!  So, I can mark the rocker off my list.  Word!  It's an Ikea Lilliberg chair.  It was my second choice in rocker/gliders.  I mean, the exact chair.  I had seen it on a blog in a nursery and had liked it.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment