Sunday, January 9, 2011

All about myself

  • I may have said, "That's what she said," when someone said, "That's the wrong hole," at work.  I seriously stood there like, "Did I just say that out loud?  No, maybe I didn't."  Christy, one of the other nurses, was the only one that heard me.  She gave me a high-five.  We both laughed.  My face turned about five shades of red.  I'm not sure some of the peeps at work are ready for all that.  How could I not pass up that opportunity though?  It was the perfect setup.  Sometimes I forget that I'm not at home or with my friends and people that get things like that.
  • Aaron picked up a side job this weekend, so I'm stuck at home on my weekend off by myself.  Granted, I could go out and do something.  I think I'm going to do a little antique shopping tomorrow.  I have been on the computer all day.  I should be taking down our Christmas decorations, but I'm enjoying the light of the Christmas tree for one more day.  I think, more importantly, I should go shower.
  • So, the shift changes at work are happening!  I don't know where I'm going to fall because of I'm third in line.  It looks like Larry, who works 10a-10p is moving up to 7a-7p, because Betty is retiring.  Gaynell, another nurse who worked 10a-10p, got let go, so ideally there would have been two 10a-10p shifts for me and Colby, my 1p-1a partner to take, but, unfortunately, they are rearranging everything.  It looks like there will be two 10a-10p, which one is already filled, and a shift that works 10a-10p two days a week and 1p-1a one day week.  If Colby doesn't take the 10a-10p, then I think it's mine, but I don't know why he wouldn't take it.  I've been praying so hard for this to happen and picturing it so much.  I am shocked that everything happened so quickly.  It's like my prayers were answered.  I'll let you guys know where I fall when it's all said and done.  I'm hoping we find out soon.  I think they'll have to make the decision before the end of the January work schedule.  I hope I get a great shift that eases my mind a little about returning after maternity leave.
  • Speaking of jobs, the perfect job for me came open.  It's a Research RN position that performs tests and collects data on Oncology patients.  I would kill for this job.  Of course, being pregnant, is not exactly a good time to apply for a job, plus I really do love my job, but this would be normal hours, but that also means 5 days a week, so that's a downfall.  I don't think I should apply, but it's like a slap in the face watching it slip through my fingers.  It's crazy how I get Career Builder emails for nursing jobs, but I haven't looked at them in months and months and the one time I do at the very top job is this one.  I swear, there are very odd things that happen to me.
  • I'm having lunch with at least three friends this week.  That's pretty sweet.  I plan on talking to B about lunch this week, so I can finally give her her Christmas gifts.  Thanks a lot, West Elm!  Also, I'm having lunch at Christy's house, so we can go over some baby things, and then catching coffee or lunch with Angie one day to catch up on life and nursing things.  Good times.  Should be a really good week.  I work Monday and Tuesday and then the weekend.  Boo to the weekend part.
  • I have a couple of showers in the works.  Thanks to super awesome friends and my aunt.  I'm super excited about that!  I need all that I can get.  Baby things are expensive!  I should have some dates worked out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment