Friday, January 28, 2011

Winter is for hibernation

I've been hibernating.  Mostly, my time has involved reading magazines, watching television, spending hours on the internet and doing the occasional cleaning.  It's been so nice.  Every time I think of something to blog about it's at an inopportune time, then I forget exactly what I was going to write.  My brain doesn't quit multi-task like it did before I was pregnant.  Now, it's more like, "What was I thinking about?  Hmm, don't know.  Moving on."  I'm just rollin' with it.

I've spent much of today searching Craigslist, looking at decorating magazines, and watching decorating shows.  The nursery and finishing home projects are all I can think about as time is ticking down. Clothing is on the back burner, for obvious reasons now.  I usually get stuck in either thinking and obsessing over clothing or the home.  Never do I cross them at the same time.  Of course, I couldn't afford to do that anyway.

I found a rocker that I think I can make work on Craigslist.  Unfortunately, when I called someone was on their way to look at it.  Isn't that always how it goes with Craigslist!?  I found an Ikea rocker that I had seen and bookmarked on a blog.  It's only $75, but as I'm anxiously awaiting their reply, I'm sure it's gone, since it was a few days ago when it was posted.  We shall see.

My new schedule starts next week.  I'm officially on the two 10a-10p and one 1p-1a.  That is so much better than my current schedule.  If I haven't talked to you about it, then let me tell you that they were way nicer to me than my other two partners.  It's crazy, but I don't have to work any Fridays or Saturdays in February.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I work the first two Sundays, but I can handle that.  I'm actually loving that! 

Anyway, must hit the shower.  Yes, it's 3:00.  Judging is wrong people.  Aaron and I have our first daycare appointment tonight at 5:30.  It makes me sad thinking about dropping my baby girl off with a stranger, but I know it must be done.  This daycare is an in home daycare.  It's actually off the street across the street from our house, so we don't have far to go.  I am anxiously awaiting it.  It would work out so perfectly, if it's clean (you know how I am with clean), nice, and inviting. 

Okay, so I poked my head in.  Don't stop reading.  I'm here.  I've got loads of things to write about it.  I just need to pull myself out of my cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment